Now that summer has arrived, I find myself indulging in my all-time favorite treat- ice cream more than ever! (Specifically Ben & Jerry’s Half Baked, but thats besides the point…) 😉
Too much is definitely not a good thing, and if your like me, it is not hard to overdo!
So being a gal that is constantly looking for ways to make dessert healthier, I have found the perfect cure for any ice cream cravings- coconut milk popsicles!
Having never worked with coconut milk before, I figured I should do some research, especially when I noticed the high percentage of fat it contains. After researching, I found that in moderation, it is actually highly beneficial for ones health. A more in-depth explanation of why can be found here. Just a sampling of the health benefits I discovered are:
- Boosts Immune System
- Preventative against heart disease
- Healthy hair and skin
This simple recipe is perfect for kids and adults alike, in addition to being lactose free! Its creamy consistency and balanced sweetness far exceed the flavor in any packaged pop you can find in your grocers freezer, and also leave you to rest assured with peace of mind knowing there is no corn syrup or artificial flavoring/ sweetener.
- 1 (15 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean or extract
- 4 Tbsp. local honey
- 2 cups mixed berries
- Whisk milk, vanilla, and 2 Tbsp. of the honey.
- In a blender, toss berries, the remaining honey, and approximately half of the milk mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the berry mixture into your ice pop mold about 3/4 of the way.
- Then top each pop off with the pure milk mixture.
- Optional: use a skewer to create a striping effect.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours and enjoy!