Its finally June, and the warm weather that we all love is here!
All of these sunny days make it time for barbecues, graduation parties, picnics, and days spent by the pool. Today I have the perfect treat for you to bring to all of these occasions!
In the summertime, I love incorporating fresh fruit flavors into desserts. Last year I shared my recipe for grilled peaches and to kick off this summer, here is another!
These lemon “brownies” are by no means your typical dense chocolately bar, but rather a luscious lemony flavor, complete with an incredible light and fluffy texture. They are perfect for a summer get-together and are surely a crowd pleaser! I used fresh lemon zest and juice, and I think that is a crucial component in creating the flavor for these brownies.
(Recipe Courtesy of The Recipe Critic)
- ¾ C flour
- ¾ C sugar
- ¼ t salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon juice
- zest from ½ of a lemon
- Lemon Glaze:
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 T lemon juice
- zest from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy removal. In a large bowl or using a stand mixer, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Mix in the softened butter.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice and zest. Add the the large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into the 8×8 inch prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- To make the glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest from the other half of the lemon. Pour over the top of the cooled lemon brownies.