Ah sweet summer, my favorite time of year. Juicy fresh fruit parade the counters of grocery stores, lemonade and ice cold soda quench thirsts, and burgers and dogs are flipped constantly. I think we can all agree there is no better feeling than indulging in the food of summer.
So many people are tempted out of utilizing the oven to bake because it will just elevate the temperature of the house. I have a dessert option for y’all today that combines 3 summertime favorites all in one ridiculously easy treat that will be sure to impress your guests. What do grilling, fresh fruit, and ice cream all have in common? The answer: Grilled Peaches. And they are pretty dang good.
You will need a grill, tongs, 4 peaches, 1 tsp. cinnamon sugar, 2 tbsp. brown sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla bean ice cream. (Optional: a caramel sauce to drizzle)
1. Combine the cinnamon sugar and brown sugar in a small bowl.
2. Slice your peaches in half and remove the pit.
3. Use a pastry brush to coat the exterior and interior of all peach halves in oil.
4. Place peach halves on a medium-high grill with the skin-side facing upward. Cook until grill marks show and are cooked through. Flip them over.
5. Sprinkle a few tsp. of the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the peaches right before you take them off of the grill.
6. Garnish the peaches with ice cream and caramel sauce if prefered. It looks sophisticated, but its surely a quick and easy treat! Enjoy! 🙂